I just recently spent a day talking to beautiful souls from various walks of life. I always love these days where I get to relay messages and insights that come through the veil and unfold during our time together. There are always common threads that evolve during a day and on this day in particular there was one that was quite powerful. This one person whom I will call Nancy for this story was having trouble with over analyzing her life down to the nitty gritty. Something I can relate to and I bet many of you can from your own life experiences. She wanted help to resolve reoccurring issues and experiences with abandonment, shame, and punishment that had led her to a place in her life where her body was not a safe place to live in. Nancy had parental figures in her life that had reinforced the belief that anytime she wanted to do something just for the pleasure and for the fun of it that she was a “bad” girl and had to stop immediately. She has done a lot of spiritual growth over the years to release these old traumas in her life, and is now at a phase of learning to feel again. She has a strong mental awareness of needing to forgive herself in particular, but just hasn’t been able as of yet to get past the anger and resentment that is causing obsessive thoughts. My heart went out for her on such a deep level and I found myself so grateful to be in her presence. Not only to help her heal and grow, but to help me see even more clearly how I have had similar threads in my own life and what I have done and continue to do to enjoy my physical life and embrace the feeling world and gifts of this human focal point and dimension. I find that often times the beautiful souls that come and share space with me are typically growing in places that I have spent a lot of time and healing on and I can help share practical ways to heal, grow, and evolve. This day was no exception as this as well as the other clients of the day had lead me to see so clearly how much our society in general is starved for loving connection with their soul. From that place each one can learn to feel safe to love deeply and feel unbridled and limitless pleasure, desire, and connection. I am not talking about mental love or devouring things in addiction to fill some void, but full-embodied love where you love just to love and enjoy pleasure just because we were given the gift of being able to feel pleasure in such a dense and yummy vibration and level on this earth plane. This is the kind of love that starts at the core of learning to love your entire being/self and your own life first. This is the kind of love that is not about consumption or quantity, but about the quality and devotion to the experience of the moment.
So what does it feel like and how do you get to that place of loving yourself? Well on this day the release came to the surface when the topic of pleasure surfaced. Tears welled up in Nancy at the thought that it was actually safe to feel pleasure that was related to her own desires and worth. As she had experienced in her life to this point, pleasure was only related to giving and taking care of people outside of her. This is definitely a way to experience love, but the well can run dry very quick until we learn how to start by filling and utilizing our own creative wells and appreciating the life creating desire that boils up within us. So many turn off their own faucets of desire due to not feeling worthy or that their gifts are not good enough. Another reason for shutting down that I have experienced myself and seen with others is that there has to be some purpose to play and enjoy life other than just for the pleasure of it. Many also don’t even really know themselves beyond how they have learned to please others. Do you relate to any of these concepts? All of these thoughts have definitely been and continue to be part of my spiritual growth and journey and always so grateful to give and receive insights on how to love and enjoy life more freely.
I have learned in my life that, outward giving can only really go so far until we learn to give and experience pleasure and intimacy with our own selves. Maybe you are a parent and have given your whole life to raising your children and now finding that its time to embark on the journey of what you now desire to create at this juncture. Or maybe you are a highly sensitive person who has taken on the burden of pleasing everyone else but following what your heart really desires for your own joy. I am a firm believer that what blesses one persons heart has a big way of blessing everyone involved in the long run no matter what old patterns may come up for review in the process of change. Remember as the flight attendants say…always put your own mask on first. Be tied into your soul first then you will not only be more helpful to others, but you will be a role model for living “soul” deep.
In my years of working with people and diving deeper into my own self I have seen first hand how much of society is seeking approval or attention versus for just the experience of sharing. This tends to foster unhealthy relationships with attachments of fear and self-doubt. How do you entertain your own self and feel totally and completely emerged in the deliciousness of the moment? Finding this out for your self is where pleasure begins to run “soul” deep. I am not talking about how to solve/fix the outer world (most of us are doing this all the time in our daily lives), but just about being in your own creative zone. Learning to love my own self/being and honoring my own desires enough without needing approval from the outside world has been a huge part of my journey so far. Yes we all need each other, but our old paradigms and patterns of need and support must evolve in order for us to be free to be our highest self. We need each other to love, share, and support each other’s soul inspired visions. Divine unconditional love is freedom based not attachment and burden based. Loving one another is not about carrying a burden it is about setting each other free. And by setting each other free we become one in being open hearted and without unhealthy attachments. The time is now for each of us to live our own soul streams of creative consciousness and action, but it all starts by going within and embracing our light and ourselves first.
So how do you feel and live “soul” deep? I believe that we live and experience pleasure “soul” deep by listening to our inner rhythms. Each and every one of us has soul rhythms and repetitive thoughts to try new experiences and let go of old patterns that don’t serve us any longer. In the rhythms and currents of our soul lies the small and gentle voice of the inner child that desires to play and experience joy and wonder. When we don’t listen we tend to experience the angry child syndrome, which flares up feelings of unworthiness, insecurity, depression, anxiety and anger. All it really takes is a commitment to do things differently. Here are several ways that I have found in my life that continue to help me live and create a life that runs “soul” deep.
- Acknowledge repetitive desires, thoughts, and ideas. I find that sometimes the best thing is to create time to write your thoughts down in a journal and or make a vision board/journal that creates a space where you begin to see and take steps to act and appreciate your goals, dreams, and desires.
- Remember that after you spend time dreaming about a vision/idea it is important to acknowledge that dreams don’t happen over night. We are in the physical world and it takes time to build and grow. Savor each and every step of your project in daily size moment-to-moment delicious bites.
- Take time to enjoy every taste, texture, color, smell, touch and experience in your life. We live in these multi-sensory bodies to enjoy the full spectrum of their potential. When we hurry and rush to accomplish things we miss out on most all of the enjoyment this experience offers. You can create on the other side, but this human experience is where you get to have your hands in the dirt of creation. Embrace it now!
- Allow yourself to try new experiences. You don’t have to do it again if its not your thing, but you will never know if you don’t try and experience it. Your perspective could be belief based until you step in and try it. A whole new world may unfold by trying something you “thought” you didn’t like or weren’t good at.
- Understand that contrast and duality is how we learn to hone our lives. We learn by experiencing life. When you find yourself not liking a certain method or way after trying it we get to hone and create a better way. We transcend duality when we learn to embrace all experiences in our life as loving teachers and guidance.
- Allow life to be messy and dirty. I am not talking about not having order, however, if you are obsessive about order than letting things go every now and then can be a good thing. As humans, we are only perfect in our imperfection. Remember to allow yourself to color outside the belief based lines in your life.
- Do something creative/artistic so that you can actually learn about yourself more and find where your creative talents are. EVERYONE is creative WITHOUT exception it is the nature of the soul. Here are some ideas to play with, however if you feel like you need to take a class to help and/or give yourself permission to play then sign up for a class in the area that sparks your interest the most. What have you wanted to play with? What did you want to do as a child that you haven’t experienced yet? If you don’t know then pick one and try it and keep going down the list: Painting, drawing, sculpture, crafting, scrap booking, floral art, playing an instrument, writing, singing, acting, dancing, design, photography, scrap booking, decorating, house wares, performance art, cooking, videography, landscaping/plants, sports, coloring etc. This list goes on and on to wherever you desire to play. Just try it for your own soul and experience the journey of living “soul” deep.
- Remember that you will meet fellow “soul” deep adventures (your soul tribe) as you go out and live your very own “soul” deep adventure. Enjoy!!!
- Celebrate your successes and achievements. Celebration is gratitude in action and a manifestation magnet.
I would love to hear your comments, thoughts, and experiences.